I picked Makaela up from Preschool this morning and asked her what she did in school today? She thinks about it for a few seconds then tells me that she can't tell me part of it. Luckily I was driving home and she was in the back seat and couldn't see my smile thinking that it was just a couple weeks until Mother's Day and her awesome teacher, Mrs. Potter, was helping the little ones plan a surprise. I asked her what else she did that wasn't a secret. She hesitates, then says, "Mom, when is Mother's Day?" She thinks she's being so sneaky with her questions...it's so cute! I never did find out what else she did in school.
At lunch, she asked me when she was a grown up and had her own house (right next door to Mom & Dad just like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding") was I going to have other kids at home. After a resounding NO!, I said, "Nope, I'll just be stuck with Dad." For some reason, we both thought that was hilarious even though we love him dearly. I wonder how much longer she will consider me her very best friend? I hope forever.

No comments:
Post a Comment